Buildbot sprints are very informal affairs -- a table, usually Dustin, and some laptops. This is a great chance to get started hacking on Buildbot, do some pair-programming, or get help with a thorny coding problem.
- BuildbotSprint2009 - PyCon / Chicago
- BuildbotSprint2011 - PyCon / Atlanta
- BuildbotSprint2012 - PyCon / Santa Clara
- BuildbotSprint2013 - PyCon / Santa Clara
Hosting a Sprint
Hosting a sprint is easy
- find some people
- find some space
- find a time
- review the sprint and simple tags for possible tasks
- get sprinting!
- if you're inviting people you don't know, plan a brief introduction for attendees
Contact Dustin for help advertising the sprint, and to arrange to have devs available in IRC. He can also provide you with videoconferencing facilities, if that is helpful.
The Python Software Foundation provides funding for sprints, where necessary - see http://pythonsprints.com/