|Version 7 (modified by dustin, 4 years ago) (diff)|
A list, originally by Brian, of the things to do to make a BB release.
- update NEWS, README (dependencies)
- edit buildbot/__init__.py, bump version number (also docs/buildbot.texinfo)
- note release in Changelog
- make a git tag: GPG_TTY=`tty`; export GPG_TTY; git tag -s buildbot-0.7.10 -m "TAG buildbot-0.7.10"
- 'make docs'
- run 'python setup.py sdist' and examine the tarball to make sure everything is in it!
- python setup.py install --prefix tmpdir; make sure everything is there
- cheeseshop: python ./setup.py register sdist --formats gztar,zip upload (eggs aren't supported in 0.7.+)
- sign tarball: gpg -ba buildbot-N.N.N.tar.gz; also .zip, .egg
- upload to all files + signatures sf.net
- update web page/wiki
- send mail to buildbot-devel
- update freshmeat (login, My, Buildbot, add release)