Ticket #989 (closed defect: fixed)
upgrade-master skips database creation.
|Reported by:||verm||Owned by:|
Under certain conditions upgrade-master will skip creating the initial database.
Here is what I did to hit this:
- buildbot create-master ./buildmaster
- Replace master.cfg with new config file.
- Update c['db'] with proper mysql connector string.
- Start buildbot
- Receive error about requiring upgrade-master
- Run upgrade-master, this passes w/out error.
- Re-start buildbot which produces the same error as in #5
- Observe that mysql database is infact empty with no tables.
In order to get this working, I had to run buildbot create-master --db='[connector string]' This gave me a working database to start from.
The upgrade-master tool needs to detect this condition and suggest starting from scratch. At the very least it should confirm that the required tables have been created w/out errors and produce a suitable error message in case of failure.