Ticket #953 (closed defect: worksforme)
Bad interaction between (contrib) darcs_buildbot.py and buildmaster >= 0.7.12.
|Reported by:||mornfall||Owned by:|
It seems that since 0.7.12 or so (I only tried 0.7.8, 0.7.12 and 0.8.1) the buildmaster, when using darcs for source control, sends a patch hash instead of a context file, when using the Darcs step to check out sources. This confuses the buildslave into passing the hash as if it was a context to darcs, which fails with "darcs: Bad context".
This only happens in doVCSFull.
I am attaching a non-backward-compatible fix for the buildslave (patch against 0.7.12). To do this in a backward-compatible fashion, one option would be to look at how the version ID looks at the buildslave and decide if it's a hash or a context. Another may be to find out what the master is using and decide based on that. However I don't know anything about python nor buildbot internals, so either may as well be beyond me.
- Keywords darcs added
- Priority changed from major to blocker
- Milestone changed from undecided to 0.8.2
- Priority changed from blocker to major
- Summary changed from Checking out source from darcs is broken with (at least) master >= 0.7.12. to Checking out source from darcs is broken with (at lesat) master = 0.7.12.
- Version changed from 0.8.1 to 0.7.12
- Milestone changed from 0.8.2 to undecided
- Summary changed from Checking out source from darcs is broken with (at lesat) master = 0.7.12. to Bad interaction between (contrib) darcs_buildbot.py and buildmaster >= 0.7.12.