Ticket #922 (closed enhancement: fixed)
instant notification of tree-stable-timer in progress
|Reported by:||zooko||Owned by:|
In older buildbots (e.g. http://tahoe-lafs.org/buildbot/ which is currently 0.7.12) when you trigger a build then the waterfall gets a yellow notification saying that it is waiting for the tree stable timer to elapse.
In the latest version (today's git version) that notification is gone.
I asked djmitche on IRC and he said this behavior may have been eliminated with the schedulerdb work.
It would be really good to have this functionality back. Giving quick feedback to a user in response to user actions is a prime UX desideratum. Without this feature I don't necessarily know if buildbot has received the trigger yet. It makes one uncomfortable, not knowing. Today I mistakenly thought that the trigger wasn't working and set about debugging it before I later noticed that it had run.
I believe in the old version the notification was per-scheduler not per-builder, so IIRC all of the builders would have a yellow "something is happening" bar at the top of the waterfall even though, after the timer elapsed, not all of them would actually do anything.
- Summary changed from instant notification of tree-stable-timer elapsing to instant notification of tree-stable-timer in progress
- Keywords database, web added; regression ux removed
- Type changed from undecided to enhancement
- Milestone changed from undecided to 0.8.2
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed