Ticket #896 (new project-idea)
Replace try with a client for the force scheduler
|Reported by:||marcusl||Owned by:|
|Version:||0.8.0||Keywords:||try, users, force|
|Cc:||jachen, msorrenti@…, ffledgling@…|
Description (last modified by dustin) (diff)
We have a "try" client defined which looks for a patch in a local repository on a developer's system, patches it up, and submits it to Buildbot. It's very ad-hoc, isn't very configurable, and hasn't gotten a lot of love.
Now that we have a force scheduler, the better solution is for the try client to talk to a force scheduler, preferably using HTTP. The client should also capture and send e-mail address of the submitter so that notifications can be sent.
This allows lots of flexibility on the master side: users can set up as many force schedulers as they like, with different builders, properties, permissions, and so on.
To make this project a summer's worth, it should aim to implement:
- a new try client
- improved support for DVCS's, where patches aren't required, but where the client must send a repository
- protocol support in or for the force scheduler
- per-scheduler authentication/authorization
- migration information for users of the existing try functionality
- Keywords users, force added; users removed
- Milestone changed from 0.8.8 to 0.8.+
- Priority changed from minor to major
- Summary changed from Try should capture and send e-mail address of the submitter so that notifications can be sent to Replace try with a client for the force scheduler
- Type changed from enhancement to project-idea
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from 0.8.+ to 0.9.+