Ticket #865 (closed defect: fixed)
buildbot try not working with mercurial
|Reported by:||bgunnison||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by dustin) (diff)
Several issues, some may be in my misunderstanding how to use it.
try_connect = 'pb' try_vc = 'hg' try_master = '....' try_username = '...' try_password = '...' try_builders = ['... Smoke Build']
- try client calls "hg diff" in working repository. If there are no uncommitted changes, there is no output. Should "try" fail at the client if there are no changes? Or at least inform the user?
- The build step that try invokes is:
hgUpdateStep = Mercurial(repourl = RepoURL)
RepoURL is the master repository that the working repository was cloned from.
This fails at the buildslave at:
hg.exe update --clean --repository <build_slave_path>uild --rev <workdir_revision_hash> ... abort: unknown revision '<workdir_revision_hash>'!
It seems we are not applying the patch as the hg command above expects the build slave repository (which was cloned from the master repo) to be update-able to the working directory. Something is missing or not working.
- So if I have the use-case correct, only uncommitted changes get "tried" in the above scenario. Our workflow is such that we clone from the master repo and commit many times in the working repo. Then a "hg push" is done from the working to the master after smoke test passes. I need "buildbot try" to interrogate the master repo, then "hg diff -r master_rev -r working_tip" to get the difference between the master and working repos. Then try those changes. Is this possible?
- Keywords hg try added
- Type changed from undecided to defect
- Description modified (diff)
- Priority changed from blocker to major
- Milestone changed from 0.8.2 to 0.8.3
comment:11 Changed 11 months ago by Malcolm Parsons
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed