moving trac tickets to GitHub
|Reported by:||sa2ajj||Owned by:||sa2ajj|
|Priority:||major||Milestone:||sys - on-bb-infra|
Description (last modified by tardyp)
easier linking of incoming PRs to existing tickets
Trac Ticket Fields (and mapping)
- summary (=> title)
- reporter (=> bb-bot)
- description (=> body)
- type (=> ignore)
- priority (=> ignore)
- status (=> ignore)
- milestone (=> create and migrate)
- version (=> ignore)
- keywords (=> ignore)
- CC (=> leave a comment in the original ticket with the link on GH)
Milestones to migrate
- make sure that the above list of milestones is all we want to move
- run the script (being developed in https://github.com/buildbot/trac2gh) for these milestones
- the description of the ticket is converted using the code mentioned in the comments
- each user (reporter, owner, cc) is mentioned in the newly created issue if their e-mail address is public and found on GitHub
- each migrated issue is closed and a comment migrated to GitHub <link #XXX> is added
- review and decide what to do with the rest of open tickets @ trac
- wiki links -> keep the links to BB trac?
- formatting? try to convert to Markdown? render HTML and use it as is?
- ticket history -> copy in the second comment?
- attachments -> GH does not have the feature
What else to have?
<Express your requirements and/or wishes here>
- Need some kind of labeling to sort the features that are in eight but not in nine.
- user searches allow to find users should they make their e-mail addresses public
- GitHub has projects, it might be a good idea to use them.
Change History (29)
comment:13 Changed 6 months ago by sa2ajj
- Description modified (diff)
- Owner set to sa2ajj
- Status changed from new to assigned
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.