[AngularJS Project] Add E2E tests
|Reported by:||dustin||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by tardyp)
We need some capability to run end-to-end tests of the AngularJS frontend to avoid UI regressions and other issues that are not obvious in unit tests.
This should be done with the normal angularJS methodology, with protractor: https://docs.angularjs.org/guide/e2e-testing
What is necessary for e2e tests is:
- create a real buildbot master with a real configuration, which contains configuration for major use cases involving the UI. e.g force schedulers, authentication, etc
- Have protractor scenarios which acts like a user would, and verify that the UI behaves as expected.
- User authenticates in the UI
- User go to the list of builds for a builder
- User click on the forcescheduler button
- User adds some input in the modal dialog
- build is started, and there are updates in the UI
The idea should be to hook up the tests in the metabuildbot, and allow motivated developers to run them manually, but they need not be as easy to run as 'trial buildbot.test'.
Documentation on what are the steps to run that (probably easiest is to setup the deps in a dockerfile)