Ticket #2137 (new enhancement)
Store cached slave information in db
|Reported by:||tfogal||Owned by:|
If you click a slave through the web interface, you get information on: current builds, recent builds, and connection status/information. If the slave is currently connected, you also get the information that the slave configured for "Administrator" and "Information", plus a graceful shutdown button.
I have lots of slaves and I keep them named based on OS type, and then keep the hostname or some hint to it in the slave information, so that when something goes wrong I know where to ssh and fix it. Unfortunately if "something wrong" == "the slave disconnects", I have a difficult time identifying where to go and fix the problem.
So: can the master please cache the "Administrator" and "Information" and display the last-known values, even when the slave is not connected?
- Keywords simple added
- Milestone changed from undecided to 0.8.6
- Summary changed from Cache slave information on master to Store cached slave information in db
- Milestone changed from 0.8.6 to 0.8.+
- Keywords simple, database added; simple removed
- Milestone changed from 0.8.+ to 0.9.+