Ticket #167 (closed defect: fixed)
svnversion is pretty slow, particularly on windows
|Reported by:||exarkun||Owned by:||ipv6guru|
|Version:||0.7.6||Keywords:||svn, sprint, master-side-source-steps|
buildbot uses the svnversion program to pick a version number to report. svnversion takes a while to run though. On windows, it often takes several minutes, which can be longer than the actual build takes. Apparently svnversion is used to provide a consistent version number, regardless of whether "svn update" or "svn checkout" is being used, since they report different version numbers.
I suggest using "svn info" instead of "svnversion" to get a consistent version number.
- Priority changed from major to minor
- Version changed from 0.7.6 to 0.7.7
- Priority changed from minor to major
- Version changed from 0.7.7 to 0.7.6
comment:10 Changed 15 months ago by dustin
- Keywords svn, sprint, master-side-source-steps added; svn removed
comment:11 Changed 9 months ago by Pradeepkumar Gayam
- Status changed from accepted to closed
- Resolution set to fixed